AdSense

     While wondering mindlessly around my blog page, brainstorming a topic for my next post, I found AdSense. For those unfamiliar with Adsense, let me break it down. AdSense is a google app that allows creators to profit from what they do by hosting ads supplied from the app. It’s compatible with YouTube, Blogger, and many other hosting sites. After a quick couple of clicks, I was on my way to profiting from what I love to do, providing original blogger content for you guys! Yet, I hesitated to set it up. Not because it was complicated, no. Despite the possibilities presented by the advertisements, would flooding this haven of ethics with advertisements be right?
     I mean, I don’t think viewers would appreciate it, and I would hate to ruin my viewers opinions of my page as well. But, how else am I expected to continually create unprofitable content? In the sense that this program enables me to create, its good, but that’s not all it does. For every ten cents generated by one hundred views, I’ll likely receive 5cents. That’s not in of itself bad, yet, apart from the money they receive, google also attracts more content creators to their platforms due to this new profitable element. Regardless of wether it’s ethical or not, many of us creators are likely forced to accept AdSense in order to continue doing what we love.
     Though, I was pretty surprised when I found that I, just a 15 year old boy at CKM, could generate profits through the help of this company. Wow! We’ve all heard the Boomer esc. meme in which the Boomer says, back in my day, followed by a series of things that have changed under social pressures(like having a job at 12). Though it’s certainly more difficult and less legal to have a job at 12 nowadays, AdSense creates a clean solution to earn money now! No past generation has had such economic opportunity at their fingertips from such a young age, and AdSense is proof of that. Yet the questions remain, is Adsense right or at least necessary? I don’t know, but for now,

Pce out my bloggin friendos!
Rex

Comments

  1. i don't think that Adsense is necessary, at least for me. however, i could see how it could help other people. for those who don't have the opportunity to make money, hosting ads could definitely be easy and accessible money. i feel like ads would chase away readers though, so it was probably smart that you didn't set it up. do you think that people would set Adsense up because they're lazy, or because they don't have access to a job?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts